Stethoscopes for students
Ulster University’s Stethoscopes for Students appeal aims to provide each of Ulster University’s first cohort of medical students with a stethoscope, and we are calling on our alumni and friends to help support our students in this personalised and meaningful way. This is a special way to invest in, and connect directly with our future doctors.
The stethoscope is one of the most fundamental 'tools of the trade' for a doctor, and for every medical student, receiving a stethoscope is a powerful recognition of their first steps on the journey towards being a fully fledged medical professional.
"A stethoscope is an essential piece of equipment that physically connects the doctor to their patient," says Professor Louise Dubras, Dean of Ulster University's School of Medicine. "Holding one's first stethoscope is a rite of passage that all doctors remember and cherish. We are also delighted to be welcoming Ulster University's first cohort of medical students this month and providing them with a stethoscope signals the start of their journey to becoming a doctor."
The Stethoscopes for Students appeal is a great way for the Ulster University community to support the School of Medicine and our current students.
Where will the money go?
- Our target is £6,000 to support each of our 75 medical students with a stethoscope at a value of £80 each.
- A gift of £80 will cover the cost of a stethoscope and celebrate an important milestone for our future doctors. When the student opens the stethoscope box, they will find a card with the donor's name and personal note wishing them the best for their medical education and career.
- A gift of any amount would go along with other gifts to purchase a stethoscope.
- The first cohort of medical students will receive a Littman Classic III Stethoscope.
- By providing the full £80 cost of a stethoscope, you can include a personal note to be given to the student in the stethoscope presentation box.
- You can also choose to receive a personal thank you from the beneficiary of your gift.
Help us succeed!
- We hope you would like to support this appeal and help our future doctors in this tangible way.
- Please also share this appeal with your friends, family and contacts via email, social media or word of mouth.
- Give a future doctor a lifetime gift. Donate Now.
- THANK YOU.