A short summary of your project
We are raising £7,500 towards the cost of 45 students visiting the cities Boston, Philadelphia and New York.
Activities will include:
- Visiting partner institutions in each city as part of academic activities in each city
-Carrying out practical coaching / exhibition activities in each city
-Connecting with existing GAA clubs in each city
-Hosting networking events for Ulster Alumni and local partners/businesses
-Playing Exhibition games in Boston and New York
-Visiting and coaching with young people from schools
-Organised academic activities and visit and explore famous landmarks
Who are you?
The students come from a variety of different backgrounds from all over Ulster and beyond. They study a variety of courses and all play GAA for the University. 40/45 students have never been to America so it a once in a life time opportunity
This is a unique opportunity for many students to visit America. They will experience a new culture, make friends and increase their confidence. It will will also enhance their employability skills to help them gain a graduate job.
Any donation will be greatly appreciated and will have a great impact on the development of the young students.
Where will the money go?
- Help subsidise the cost of visiting the 1st and 4th most expensive cities in America;
- Museum and tourist attractions
- Gifts for our guests and Alumni
- Hey, we have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates. E.g. over £5 you will be entered into a draw to win USA tour jerseys. Check them out
Find us here
Facebook: Ulster University Gaelic Games
Follow us to find out how we're doing!
Help us succeed!
You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.