Wildlife Conservation, Community Infrastructure and Village Education Project
I am raising £1500 to fund my volunteer trip to South Africa in 2020 with VESA volunteer. During my time away in St. Lucia and the neighbouring village of Khula I will be helping to carry out a variety of activities in construction, conservation and education.
Construction- We will be helping refurbish classrooms as well as aid in construction of homes for local families deemed in dire need of assistance.
Previous volunteers have completed construction on;
• 1 new four-room crèche constructed for 60 children.
• 15-room boarding house constructed for 48 children.
• 32 x 3 or 4 room houses built in Khula village for local families.
• 2 new classrooms, toilet blocks, a library and jungle gym for the local primary school.
• We will be working with children and communities teaching English, preparing lunches and helping out in any way we can
During our time here we will be working with the KZN-Ezemvelo Wildlife Authority in two wildlife conservation projects:
• The Saint Lucia Crocodile Center, with Nile Crocodiles, Dwarf Crocodiles, Slender-Snout Crocodiles and American Alligators.
• The Emdoneni Cheetah Project, with Cheetahs, Caracals, Servals and African Wildcats.
Where will the money go?
- Most of the money raised will go directly to VESA for the materials that will be used during the project as mentioned above
- Some will contribute towards my flights and accommodation so I can take part in this project
Find me here
If you have any questions at all feel free to message me on facebook to find out more!
I have some rewards to thank everyone who donates, if you’re interested please check them out!
Help us succeed!
- Any small donation will help me reach my goal!
- Even if you can’t donate money, please share my project on social media and by word of mouth to spread the word of my project and help me gain support
- Please sponsor me and help make this happen.