A short summary of MY project
I am raising funds to help towards the expense of staging my Masters Showcase that will take place in The Great Hall, Magee on Tuesday 9th October.
My name is Trudy O’ Donnell and I am a Masters student at Ulster University Magee, currently studying Creative Musicianship and specializing in Performance Studies on Traditional Irish Flute. I graduated in 2016 with a First Class Honors, Bachelor of Music Degree from Ulster University
I am currently organizing my Performance Showcase and I am delighted to have confirmed the renowned 'Anúna' will be performing alongside me for my concert. I am absolutely privileged and honoured that they will be travelling to Derry to perform a number of collaborations along with me as well as treating the audience to a full set of their amazing repertoire.
I will perform the first act with an amazing ensemble of musicians, all affiliated with Ulster University, Magee. Seamus McGuire from the West Ocean String Quartet and also Buttons and Bows fame as well as being a fiddle tutor for the undergraduate music degree programme in Magee, will perform along with me on fiddle and viola. Lauren O'Neill, a current Ph.D. student in Magee and a Masters graduate last year following her graduation with a Degree in Irish and Music, will perform on Harp and Jack Warnock recently graduated in Irish and Music at Magee and current All-Ireland senior accompaniment champion, will accompany perform on guitar.
Anúna will be performing the full second half of the concert and I will join them for a number of collaborations. Anúna is Ireland's flagship acappella vocal ensemble representing the beauty of Irish musical heritage and literature all over the world. The purity and natural techniques that are employed by the singers explore the stories of ordinary people, poets, saints and scholars. Over the last thirty years its unique status in Irish musical life has allowed it to create and develop an education programme that the group have taken all over the world.
This will be a bi-lingual event, promoting traditional Irish Music and language through song, music and the Irish language. It will be a massive flag ship event for the University and I am confident it will also come with a full audience from all over Donegal, Derry and surrounding communities.
Where will the money go
Donations received will go towards general expenses for the showcase. Given the large amount of performers on the night and the long distances that many of them will be travelling, I have to consider the various expenses involved.
Estimated expenses are:
Drinks Reception: £250
- a £10 donation will guarantee admission to performance
- a £25 donation will guarantee front row seats at performance
- a £50 donation will get you a meet & greet with the outstanding Anúna
- a £60 donation will get you a meet & greet with Anúna, and also reserved front row seats
Find us here
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help me succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, please share it with everyone you know as I think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely I am able to make this not just an amazing performance but an amazing night in general.
- And although you don't need to give money to help me, I'd love it if you did! Please sponsor me and help make this happen.